By Alex Baker
The German-made Panthera is available in both right-handed and left-handed models and features a maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and a gorgeous mahogany body with a carved top.
Pickup-wise, the Panthera comes equipped with a pair of Seymour Duncans. The 27-inch fretboard features 24 Extra High Jumbo Nickelsilver frets, dressed with Invisible Fret Technology and fluorescent side dots, set into the neck.
The guitar comes equipped with Sperzel Trim-lok machine heads, a GraphTech Black Tusq Low Friction nut, and a Hipshot Fixed Bridge. Its available in an array of finishes that includes Natural Satin, Coloured Oil, High Polish top with Satin Sides, and completely High Polish.
These are the specs:
• Set-neck Carved Top / Flat back
• Available as right-handed or left-handed*
• Sperzel Trim-Lok machine heads
• GraphTech Black TUSQ low friction nut
• Maple neck with Santos Rosewood stripes
• Rosewood fingerboard
• Illuminated side dots Dot inlays
• Scale length: 27” (686 mm)
• 24 Extra High frets, Nickelsilver (Width: 2,9mm/Height: 1,3mm), rounded edges
• IFT – Invisible Fretwork Technology + Plek Fretwork
• Mahogany Body
• Original Seymour Duncan pickups: active Blackout Phase 1 AHB-1n 8 (neck) / AHB-1b 8 (neck)
• Matched wooden electronic compartment
• Volume / Tone control push/pull for splitting humbucker
• 3-way switch
• Hipshot Fixed Bridge
• Warwick Security Locks
• Gold hardware
• Strings: .010” – .064”
• Including Framus “User Kit”
• Including RockCase Flight Case (RC 10826 SA Manufactured in Germany by Framus
Get more information on the Framus Panthera 8-String at the Framus International website.