The new Slammi Pitch Shifter combines a powerful algorithm with EHX‘s Next Step Effects platform
NYC-based Electro-Harmonix has arguably taken the foot-controlled pitch-shifter pedal to another level with their new Slammi Pitch Shifter/Harmony pedal.
The pedal uses technology that combines a powerful new algorithm with EHX’s existing Next Step Effects platform. The result is a highly-versatile pedal that can be used to dive bomb across three octaves, lay down fixed interval harmonies, or just shift the pitch smoothly and seamlessly.
Specs for the EHX Slammi are as follows:
- Advanced new algorithm that sounds great and provides glitch-free tracking
- Up to three-octave maximum bend
- Create harmonies by mixing your dry signal with the effect
- MAX BEND Control acts as an 11-way switch to set the maximum bend/interval. Choose Detune, ½ Step, Major 2nd, Major 3rd, Perfect 4th, Perfect 5th, Major 6th, Minor 7th, 1 Octaves, 2 Octaves or 3 Octaves/Dive Bomb
- Precision control that lets you smoothly sweep your guitar’s pitch up or down
- Sweep direction can be reversed so maximum pitch bend is in the heel-down position
- Super responsive design with no moving parts, nothing to wear out or break
- Comes with 9 Volt battery, 9.6DC-200BI power supply optional
The Slammi Polyphonic Pitch-Shifter/Harmony Pedal is built into a rugged die-cast chassis and comes pre-equipped with a 9-volt battery. It can also be powered by an optional standard 9.6-Volt/DC200mA AC adapter. U.S. list price for the unit is $191.66.
For more about EHX and the Slammi, visit ehx.com.
But to get a better idea of what the pedal is capable of check out this video from EHX of Bill Ruppert putting the Slammi through its paces.