GUITAR SHOP TV “ARTIST SHOWCASE” OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
ONEIDA LLC dba Guitar Shop TV (“Sponsor”), the owner of the web site GUITARSHOPTV.COM proudly presents “Artist Showcase” an online music competition to help discover and promote emerging unsigned bands (“Artist Showcase Competition”). By entering the Artist Showcase Competition, you agree to these “Official Rules”. This Artist Showcase Competition is void where prohibited by law.
REGISTRATION FEE: As a special Promotional Offer, the competition is being offered FREE of charge until further notice. Thereafter a Registration Fee of $19.95 will apply, payable by PayPal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Contest Period/Sponsors: The Artist Showcase Competition is held on a rolling basis every month, and a panel of judges will select a group of finalists each month. From the group of finalists, a new winner is selected every month based on the number of votes received from online voting at guitarshopTV.com by registered members. Artist Showcase Competition will begin to accept online video submissions (each a “Submission”) on April 11, 2011 and will continue to accept Submissions on an ongoing basis, unless otherwise notified 60 days in advance. Winners will be posted on the Guitar Shop TV website, invited to be interviewed and perform on an episode of Guitar Shop TV, and may receive promotional coverage prior to and during the posting of the episode online. Winners may appear in the same episode with celebrity bands, and be eligible to compete in any additional “playoff rounds” that the Sponsor may in its sole discretion decide to hold among monthly winners. The competition “Sponsor” is: Oneida, LLC dba Guitar Shop TV, 15 East Putnam Avenue #398, Greenwich, CT 06830. USA.
2. Eligibility: The Artist Showcase Competition is open to both bands and solo artists. All contestants must be at least 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority as determined by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides at time of Submission. Employees of Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, as well as Reverb Nation and Sonic Bids, the advertising and promotional agencies and anyone involved in the development, administration, fulfillment and execution of the Artist Showcase Competition (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling) or those living in the same household of each Contest Entities are not eligible to enter or win the Artist Showcase Competition or to vote thereon.
3. How to Enter:All contestants are required to register by signing up for a free membership on Guitar Shop TV and then send a link to their audition video(s) (which must be hosted on the YouTube, Blip.TV or Vimeo video service) of an original work in compliance with these Official Rules to email@example.com, along with your band’s Electronic Press Kit or other relevant promotional materials. Original works are required to be limited to a maximum length of five (5) minutes.
- As a Special Promotional Offer, the Competition is being offered free of charge until further notice. Thereafter, submit registration fee of $19.95 for each entry via PayPal to Sponsor. There are no limits on the number of times a band may enter, and bands may submit multiple original works for consideration. Entrants will receive an email confirmation, and winners will be notified via email. Submissions sent by mail will not receive a confirmation of receipt (unless you include an e-mail address where the Sponsor can reach you).
- If the Artist Showcase Competition is canceled and no winner is selected for the month during which the Artist Showcase Competition was canceled, then the registration fees paid for Submissions during the thirty day period prior to such cancellation shall be refunded in full to Entrants (less any transaction fees incurred by the Sponsor); provided, that such Entrants have not received notice that Submissions would not be accepted during the 60 day period prior to cancellation.
- To submit an entry, all contestants must register. The person named in the Submission form will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant” or “you”). Submissions must be submitted by an individual representing your band no group entries allowed. Incomplete, unreadable, unintelligible or otherwise non-compliant Submissions will be disqualified. Such disqualified Submissions will not be otherwise acknowledged or returned. Proof of a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor.
For Reverb Nation and Sonic Bids Members Only: During the Submission entry period, visit your respective websites (reverbnation.com or sonicbids.com) and register for Guitar Shop TV’s Artist Showcase Competition on the specially designed competition dashboard.
4. Requirements for Entry: All Submissions must meet the following requirements: (1) The Entrant cannot be signed to a recording label; (2) Submissions must be original musical works (or you have the required permission to any third party material as described in paragraph 5 below); (3) All works must be a maximum of five minutes in length; (4) All performances must be submitted via video audition (using either the YouTube, Blip.TV or Vimeo video service); and (5) Submissions must fulfill one or more of the following category criteria: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Folk, Country, Metal, Fusion, Urban, Funk/R&B, Alternative, World Music, Christian, or Classical.
5. Additional Submission Requirements Your Submission must also comply with all of the following prior to being posted online:
- Entrant represents and warrants that s/he has received permission from anyone involved in the creation of the Submission (“Third Party Participants”) and is authorized to submit the Submission in this Artist Showcase Competition and to grant the rights granted to Sponsor herein (and if requested from Sponsor, Entrant will provide evidence of this permission). Potential winners will be required to provide evidence of these permissions prior to being announced as winners.
- Each Entrant also represents and warrants that: (i) the Submission, including the music and all elements thereof, are original and do not incorporate materials not owned or created by you, is not copied from any other work and does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; except that to the extent any elements are owned or were created by a third party (“Third Party Participants”), you either own or have a license to said elements or those elements are in the public domain; (ii) you have secured all rights and releases to all material contained in your Submission; (iii) the Submission is free and clear of any liens, conflicting contractual rights or other claims with respect to the use of the Submission in the manner authorized herein, (including, but not limited to the right to record and/or publish the Submission); (iv) use by the Sponsor of the Submission as granted herein will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever; (iv) the Submission is not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene; and (v) if requested by Sponsor and/or if you are selected as a potential winner you will provide all releases and permissions to evidence your rights to the Submission to the Sponsor in the time frame required by Sponsor.
- There are no limits to the number of times an entry can be submitted or number of original works that may be submitted. Once a Submission is received it cannot be modified or edited. However, once a Submission has been rejected, you will be notified by the Sponsor, and it can be edited and resubmitted.
6. Ownership/Use of Entries: Entrants retain ownership of the Submission they submit. However, by entering, you, on behalf of yourself and any Third Party Participants, grant the Sponsor and Contest Entities the perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use, exhibit and perform throughout the world the Submission in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and in all other media, telecast, broadcast, via mobile devices, as well as through any other media and format now known or hereinafter developed for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Contest Entities and Contest Entities’ services, all without further consent from or payment to you, Third Party Participants or any other third parties. Sponsor reserves the right to post the Submissions on the Sponsor’s Website or the Contest Website but Sponsor has no obligation to post or publish your Submission and any such publication or postings will be in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In addition, by submitting a Submission, Entrants acknowledge that, by acceptance of an Entry, Contest Entities and the Sponsor do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas that might be contained in a Submission which was previously known to Sponsor or Contest Entities, or developed by their respective employees, or obtained from sources other than Entrant, or rights to use similar or related ideas without any restriction whatsoever, or further obligation to Entrants or any Third Party Participants. In the event of any dispute or potential dispute regarding the Submission or Entrant, Third Party Participants, or any third party, the Submission may be disqualified in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. Prizes: Monthly winners will win an opportunity to appear on an episode of Guitar Shop TV, be interviewed, perform before a worldwide audience, and may receive advance publicity and promotion, as well as be eligible to participate in any follow-up promotional events that the Sponsor may develop including live performances, and return appearances on Guitar Shop TV and its affiliated programs. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. If required by law, the Sponsors will issue and file an IRS Form 1099 in the name of prize winners for the value of the prizes awarded and will require a social security number for that purpose. Prizes are non-transferable.
8. Winner Selection:
a. Voting:All Submissions will be reviewed for compliance with the rules as stated herein by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Once approved, eligible Submissions will be posted on Sponsor’s Website. Registered members of Sponsor’s Website will be eligible to vote for Submissions. Contest Entities and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling) or those living in the same household of each Contest Entities are not eligible to vote for Submissions. The one (1) Submission with the highest number of valid votes at the end of the applicable monthly voting period will be deemed the winner for such month (subject to verification). In the event of a tie, the Submissions of the finalists involved in the tie will be reviewed by the panel of judges who will select the finalist by majority vote. Voting is limited to one (1) vote per person per finalist. Subsequent votes by a single person in excess of stated maximum will be disqualified. Finalists may vote for themselves. All online voting will be under the supervision of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Artists Showcase Competition. Votes that do not comply with these “Official Rules”, or that result from fraud or collusion, may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a finalist is found to have engaged in such fraud or collusion, in Sponsor’s opinion, he/she will be disqualified as a finalist and will not be eligible to win. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Artists Showcase Competition, including the right to void votes or suspend the Artists Showcase Competition, for reasons including but not limited to the following: (a) multiple votes from the same member from different IP addresses or from different email addresses; (b) fraudulent entry votes (using a redirect link, a disguised link, a fraudulent link, etc.); (c) technical malfunction of servers or internet connection; (d) member(s) recanting their own votes; (e) technical or content upgrades that render votes incompatible or inconsistent; and (f) inappropriate conduct in promoting votes (spam, harassment, etc.). .
b. Requirements for Winners: All potential monthly winners will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, release and license (collectively, “Release”) and provide all necessary documentation evidencing rights from Third Party Participants and Entrants as required by Sponsor (“Permissions’) as a condition to the potential winner being declared the monthly winner and be eligible to compete in any additional “playoff rounds” that the Sponsor may in its sole discretion decide to hold among monthly winners. Entrants can download and print the required Permissions from the Contest Website and mail them to Sponsor by following the instructions provided. If a potential finalist, or any corresponding Third Party Participant or Entrant is a Minor as determined by the laws of the state in which s/he resides, then any required documentation must be signed by that Minor’s parent or legal guardian. If a potential finalist does not return the required Release of Permissions or if a Third Party Participant or Entrant does not return the required Permissions within fourteen days from the date of notification, or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible for any reason, the potential finalist may be disqualified and will forfeit any rights to the prize and the next runner up will be selected.
c. Winner Notification: In addition to any announcement on Sponsor’s website, Sponsor will notify potential monthly winners by e-mail, phone, and/or postal mail, as applicable. In order to be declared a winner, the potential winners (and any Third Party Participants) will be required to execute an assignment and release within five (5) days of receipt of notification granting all right, title and interest in their Submission to Sponsor or else forfeit their rights to a prize. The winners’ names and locations will also be announced on the Contest Website. Non-winners will also be notified by e-mail, phone, and/or postal mail, as applicable and offered the opportunity to re-enter their Submissions in the Artist Showcase Competition pursuant to these Official Rules.
11. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules or the name of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Artist Showcase Competition c/o Oneida, LLC/Guitar Shop TV, 15 East Putnam Avenue #398, Greenwich, CT 06830. USA. (VT residents may omit return postage from Official Rule requests). Please note on the front left corner of the envelope that you are requesting “Official Rules” or “Winner’s List”.
- Metallica’s “Through the Never” Trailer
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors Dies of Cancer at 74
- Slayer Guitarist Jeff Hanneman Dead at 49
- Beady Eye “Flick of the Finger” – Get a Preview of New Album
- Leonard Cohen at Radio City Music Hall, Saturday April 6 – Reviewed by Rock NYC
- Andy Johns: Legendary Producer Dead at 61